What Is The Real Meaning Behind The Twelve Days Of Christmas?
Join Eric Stewart this Sunday, December 20, for his annual Christmas Show, airing on WMAL AM630/105.9FM from 7am – 8am. An audience favorite, every year Eric highlights the story and meaning behind some of our most popular Christmas carols and hymns.
This year, Eric recounts the origins of the following holiday classics:
- Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
- Oh, Holy Night
- White Christmas
- Hark The Herald Angels Sing
- Silent Night
- Oh Come, Oh Come, Emmanuel
- Twelve Days of Christmas
Listen in and you will learn:
- How a poor advertising copywriter for Montgomery Ward in the 1930’s ended up penning a tale about a reindeer with a large bright red nose for his young daughter.
- How the lyrics from "Oh, Holy Night" caused a stop in the fighting between the Germans and the French during the Franco-Prussian war on Christmas Eve in in 1871.
- Which holiday classic won an Academy Award for Best Song in 1942, and remains the best selling record of all time.
- How Christmas carols originated and in what century the first carol was ever written.
- How many languages "Silent Night" is sung in around the world.
- Whether the days or the gifts have more significance in the original intent of the song, "Twelve Days of Christmas" (hint: if you are a Catholic, you have to know!)
- …and much, much more!
Join Eric again on Sunday, December 27, for his regular show, where he addresses all of the important issues relating to residential home ownership, from buying to selling…and everything in between!
In the meantime, have a wonderful holiday and best wishes for a happy new year!
About Eric Stewart
Eric Stewart started his real estate career in 1987 and each year he and his group sell over 150 homes in DC, Maryland, and Virginia. The Eric Stewart Group has completed more than 3,000 real estate transactions, placing Eric in the top 1% of Realtors® in the nation. With a comprehensive approach to marketing and a knack for negotiation, the Eric Stewart Group has built a reputation of trust and tireless persistence throughout the area.